The CLARE-Namibia project intends to create urgency and agency on the 1.5 ℃ climate change projections in Namibia and specifically in the Omusati region. It is therefore on this note, CLARE Namibia project is inviting all combined and secondary schools (grade 8-12) with Environmental/life science clubs in the Omusati region to participate in the call for Climate Action competition.
The competition consists of seven categories which learners can choose from. Namely;
1. Smart Gardening (ensuring food security)
2. Climate change (Adaptation, mitigation, resilience)
3. Solid Waste Management (reduce, reuse, recycle)
4. Global warming at 1.5-2 degrees (what does the 1.5-2 degrees warmer mean for their region)
5. Water conservation and management (how do we conserve water)
6. Energy (using renewable energy sources)
7. Livestock (how do we save our animals from drought)
See attached poster for more information and kindly do circulate this information to the schools in Omusati Region. The competition ends before or on 05 September 2021.
Good luck to all the participants. May the best creative teams win!!!